Open house materials
Duke-American Transmission Co. hosted 18 open houses in April throughout Wyoming, Colorado, Utah and Nevada to present the proposed route and gather comments from the public. DATC representatives were also on hand to describe the need for the project, the routing and siting process, regulatory reviews and other aspects of Zephyr.
All of the information that was distributed at the open houses is available below.
Project and company overview
- Zephyr Power Transmission Project [PDF]
- Duke-American Transmission Co. [PDF]
- The Pathfinder story [PDF]
- How HVDC lines and the electric transmission system work [PDF]
- Delivering renewable energy with HVDC [PDF]
- Underground transmission lines [PDF]
Routing and siting
- Environmental responsibility [PDF]
- Environmental protection [PDF]
- Identifying and protecting special status species [PDF]
Landowner relations and easements
- Working with landowners [PDF]
- Property values [PDF]
- Managing vegetation around transmission lines [PDF]
Health and agricultural topics
Interactive project map
Explore the proposed route, submit comments with a map of the location of interest attached or print close-up maps of specific locations using the interactive mapping tool.
Zephyr project video
Zephyr Project Director Chris Jones describes the Zephyr project and the importance of getting involved.
Environmental Representative Angie Grooms explains DATC’s environmental approach on the Zephyr project.
Open house video
A video invitation to attend a Zephyr open house.