Transmission planning for the national grid
Duke-American Transmission Co. plans and develops strategic transmission projects across the U.S. and Canada that serve multiple purposes, reduce overall costs, give customers better access to regional markets and create a more efficient, cost effective system.
Addressing Gaps in the National Transmission System
As owners of vast transmission assets, DATC partners accustomed to looking at large portions of the transmission system and identifying areas where transmission is needed, not just wanted.
DATC conducts planning studies nationwide, identifying solutions to address gaps in the transmission system, relieve constraints and move renewable energy to market. We actively participate in the planning processes of regional transmission organizations across the country:
- Electric Reliability Council of Texas
- California Independent System Operator
- Western Electricity Coordinating Council
- Midcontinent Independent System Operator, Inc.
- Pennsylvania-New Jersey-Maryland Interconnection
- MISO/PJM cross-border studies
- Southwest Power Pool
We plan the transmission grid that will move energy forward.